INSECT CONTROL PROGRAM by Mayer Tree
There are many insects that can negatively affect a tree’s health. When the populations of harmful insects grow too large they can quickly damage your trees. Our insect control program uses both traditional and organic methods to help keep your home’s trees and shrubs safe from harmful insects.
dependable insect control program for you
Trees are living things and also provide life and just like us, they are susceptible to disease, infection, and injury. Insects can be the cause of this. Many homeowners will not be able to see the warning signs of disease or insect infestation with trees on their property. Sometimes a tree will simply have fewer leaves than usual or will take on autumnal tones far earlier than expected. For knowledgeable plant and tree health specialists, however, these could be early warning signs of an underlying problem caused by pesky insects. When it does occur, it’s important to have a professional come out and assess the problem.
The experts at Mayer Tree Service are on standby for your home’s plant and tree insect infestation concerns. Think of them as the medical specialists for your garden!
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR RELIABLE INSECT CONTROL?
It’s essential to hire us the minute your plants and trees start to lose their vibrancy. We are highly trained plant and tree healthcare specialists and have the knowledge to not only see the signs of disease but also identify the source and prescribe a plan to cure it. Mayer Tree Service treatments are based on newly developed and industry-leading research and we use the most effective products and application methods that are good for your home and are environmentally friendly. We prefer to address the underlying conditions and use treatments that encourage overall tree health.
Sometimes it’s the smaller and simple tasks that work best. Effective practices like branch trimming, corrective pruning, or thinning can do as much for insect infestation prevention from taking hold or spreading through your tree as chemicals.
THE BEST INSECT CONTROL FOR YOU. GIVE US A CALL.
However, when insects do adversely interact with plants and trees these are some of our usual suspects:
- Hemlock Woolly Adelgid: This invasive aphid-type species often spread throughout the canopy of Hemlock trees, causing a slow yet steady decline in the tree’s health. If detected early, it is an easy pest to control, with a number of effective treatment options.
- Winter month Caterpillars: With no known natural predators, these hungry leaf eaters will quickly defoliate even the largest leafy trees. Properly timed treatments will usually limit the damage caused by these caterpillars.
- Scale Insects: There are several species of scales, some doing more damage to trees and plants than others. There are several ways to get rid of these insects, namely with foliar treatments or systemic injections.
- Carpenter Ants: These large black ants can burrow into and hollow out a tree trunk quickly. The danger here is that the tree will look healthy but grow progressively and dangerously weak, posing a potentially significant safety hazard. The good news is that gel baits are effective in controlling carpenter ant colonies of even the largest size though.
- Ticks: Although more of a threat to us than trees and shrubs, these arachnids pose a threat to pets too by spreading Lyme disease. If you live in an area prone to ticks, we can suggest starting a program to keep them away.
- Mosquitos: Sometimes these are more of a nuisance than a hazard, but like ticks, they are a carrier of viruses such as West Nile Virus, which are potentially fatal. Treatments can be performed for season-long control, while some homeowners choose to have a treatment before hosting an outdoor event in the warmer months. Living near bodies of freshwater can increase the need for mosquito control.
If you have a pesky insect problem that is bugging your beautiful trees and plants, then why not contact the garden health experts at Mayer Tree Service. Let us get your garden back to being healthy!